Nothing, and absolutely nothing, is more stressful when it comes to perfecting our summer wardrobe than shopping for a bathing suit. Trying to choose a suit that is stylish and flatters your curves (or in some cases, create some) all while looking good under the florescent lighting in the dressing room is no joke.
- If you are big-chested, look for a one-piece bathing suit that gathers at the waist to create separation between your chest and hips.
- If you are small-chested, you can play up your top with prints and embellishments. It helps to make your legs look even longer with a bottom that starts very high up on the waist.
- If you’re bottom-heavy, choose a suit that takes attention away from areas that you are self-conscious about with a one-piece adorned with a cutaway style.
- Plus-sized women can stylishly show of their curves with a high-waisted bottom if they want to wear a bikini, or a one piece with an interesting detail on the neckline topped off with a sarong.
- Those who consider their bodies to be athletic will find that a tankini with a solid colored bottom will break up their torso while balancing out broader shoulders.
Hopefully, these helpful hints will make choosing a bathing suit this summer less stressful than normal and have you looking all types of fabulous in the sun. Just don’t forget the sunscreen!