This spring’s pretty pastel colors aren’t just for dying Easter eggs anymore. In fact, there are quite a few very chic options that are popping up in our favorite stores this season. Don’t worry if pastels aren’t something that typically get play in your wardrobe. I have a few tips to share with you that will make wearing this Spring’s prettiest pastels easier than an Easter egg roll.
- Pair pastels—mint green, pale yellow or pink—with black to keep this from veering off into the land of Peptol Bismal.
- Start out by limiting wearing pastel to your accessories. Imagine a mint green wedge peeking out from under white jeans. Chic, yes?
- Pair your pastels with other light or pale shades. But keep all of your colors in the same color family. You don’t want to look like Rainbow Bright, right?
- It might help to try to stay away from pastels with super girly details. Pastels plus yards of bows, tulle and lace will make you look a little girl on Easter again.
- Makeup or nail polish is a great way to look current without doing too much. Lavender eyeliner or polish would work for most skin tones.
Will you try out wearing a few pretty pastels this Spring? What is your favorite pastel to wear? Let me know in the comments!