We know how the old saying goes “April showers bring May flowers”, but there is no reason that we shouldn’t be able to switch things up a bit to suit the more fashionable—and let’s face it, current—reality of the season.
So let’s go with: April showers bring 5 flattering trench coats, yes? Now, onto the trench coats. Every woman needs to have a trench coat in her closet. The coat will be a perfect addition to all of your spring and fall outfits, seamlessly working with outfits for night and night, work and play.
The best part about trench coats? They are universally flattering and work on all body types because they structured but still show off your waist. Pair your trench just as easily with a skirt as you can with jeans.
Hopefully you’re sold on wanting one in your closet to wear when April’s weather does indeed bring those rain showers. Below are five trench coats that will be sure to be wonderful additions to your spring wardrobe, promise.
- Gap’s Pleated Trench Coat is perfect to throw on over business looks as you dash to and from the office for an easy way to make any outfit look smart.
- Gap’s Belted Cape Jacket will work wonders when you are going for a more casual look during the weekends. The cape adds a bit of fun to your look but still polished enough for running errands around town.
- Pastel trench coats like Gallery’s Single Breasted ‘Memory’ Trench Coat, will be great for those looking to add a touch of feminine sophistication to any outfit definitely upping the ante.
- Luxury is in the details like contrasting sleeves and a leather belted to pull in your waist like the Veda’s ‘Washington’ Trench Coat.
- The award for most versatile trench coat goes to Milly’s Piped Trench Coat with it’s detailing like piping, the trench is interesting enough to kick up any outfit’s drama but structured enough to be work day or night.
Will you be adding a trench coat to your spring wardrobe? Remember, April showers bring out pretty trench coats!